Monday, November 16, 2009

Skin Problem Caused by Excessive Heat? (Diagnosis Help Please)?

I've been outside from 8AM to 4 PM for the past four days, plus 9AM to 4PM on Saturday, all for band camp. It has been hot and sunny enough to give me sunburn on my shoulders after one day (I wore a tank top that day.) and I'm wondering why I'm itching all over the place. There are small raised bumps on my skin; they are not discolored nor red/pink. They itch at frequent intervals and are mainly on the back of my hands and elbow. (Though it itches basically everywhere that wasn't covered by clothing.)





I'm just hoping to find a good treatment, at the moment, I'm using generic anti-itch cream with aloe.

Skin Problem Caused by Excessive Heat? (Diagnosis Help Please)?
Hard to say without seeing you -





Sounds like heat rash - but is it at all possible there are 'bugs' around where you are practicing? Like Chiggers?


Try taking a benadryl tonight (or when you get home)


An Oatmeal bath is good and use a solid cream for your shoulders that got burned - wash with a wash cloth to remove dead skin (exfoliating) and if things aren't better see an MD.


Wash in the shower after practice then soak in the oatmeal bath.

golden ball

No comments:

Post a Comment