Saturday, April 24, 2010

Can I cure this skin problem on my nose without surgery? I'm in Florida. It's a common ailment here.

First, it was a "bleeder." Then a bump. Then skin roughed up further on the nose. I know doctors around here like to cut and chop on those, but are there any alternatives? They say it's skin cancer and if I don't have surgery on it now and then I might die. Well, why don't people in other locations get it, then?

Can I cure this skin problem on my nose without surgery? I'm in Florida. It's a common ailment here.
They do get skin cancers. Especially in coastal areas. My mother and step-father have both had cancers removed from their forearms. Both are avid fishermen and spend a lot of time on the water in the sun. As far as I know they really have to remove the cancerous cells from your skin to prevent further growth and spreading. Removing plugs (as they call it) is generally considered the best means of doing this when dealing with skin cancer, I don't think they'd waste their time with any other treatment since removal would solve the problem and the meds and procedures associated w/ cancer treatment are not very good for us to use unnecessarily. Spending as much time in the sun w/o appropriate coverage and block re-applied as needed skin cancer is part of the risk you take living where you are. Just like learning protecting oneself from frostbite and hypothermia in Minnesota in the winter is part of living there.
Reply:my dad had the samething right above his mouth and IT WAS skin cancer. You need to have it removed ASAP! People in every state get skin cancer.


No comments:

Post a Comment