Saturday, April 24, 2010

Can dehydration cause skin rash?

Late this evening, my head started itching like crazy. I took a shower earlier today, and I wasn't sweating nor had I been so I knew that wasn't the cause. It stopped on its own after awhile. About an hour later, my right lower leg began itching around what looked like a mosquito bite. Again, the itching stopped about 30-45 min later and because it looked like a mosquito bite, I didn't think both itching episodes were related . I went to bed and woke up an hour later itching all over and with mosquito bite-like bumps on my tummy, arms, face, back, neck, and legs. The bumps seem to grow or swell when I scratch. I haven't changed detergents, body soaps or lotions, no new meds or food and that's why I'm wondering if it's mild dehydration. Prior to this episode, my hands have been abnormally dry for weeks, and my lips are very chapped and red, as if I'm wearing tainted gloss. I'm making an appt tom. but I'd like opinions/info/suggestions for peace of mind! Thanks!

Can dehydration cause skin rash?
I think its coincidental . Dehydration is easy to detect. look at your veins in your arm. i


f they are not very visible your dehydrated.


it will take several days to get it back. drink water not fruit water not coffee not tea WATER.


The rash thing can be from low humidity in the house air.


just a thought look at your foods you eat. do you seee the words monosodium glutamate. MSG for short. you might have that allergy, good luck.
Reply:Dehydration will cause your skin to be dry and flaky and itches , just like what we call winter skin, and can also cause your sips to be very dry, chapped and red from the dryness, but the way you describe your symptoms, you have something systemic going on,, like an allergy. Another thought is bed bugs, I had to mention this because you was talking about the mosquito like bites. Please keep your appt.. something going on,, not just dehydration.. Good luck,


No comments:

Post a Comment